DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ here on The Beat Chicago’s mix shows.
Listen on the radio Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7PM to 7AM at 102.3 FM, online anytime here, in our app or in the iHeartRadio app (search WCKG) or ask ALEXA to “PLAY WCKG ON iHEARTRADIO”.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes from our Friday Night Jams, Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party, Hot Lunch Mix and more on demand in our DJ MIXES section and in our app.
Each mix page features information about the DJ, links to their social networks, video and tracklists (when provided)
1. Hall & Oates – I can’t go for that
2. Bobby Brown – My perogative
3. Prince – Kiss
4. Marrs – Pump up the volume
5. Bell Biv Devoe – Poison
6. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam – Head to toe
7. Madonna – Holiday
8. The Whispers – The beat goes on
9. New Edition – Cool it now
10. Cameo – Word up
11. Cameo – Candy
12. Madonna – Into the groove
13. Shannon – Let the music play
14. Sheila E. – Love Bizarre
15. Kool & The Gang – Fresh
16. Journey – Don’t stop believin’
17. Prince – 1999
18. Frankie Smith – Double dutch bus
19. Chicago Traxx – Faces Drum
20. Blackbox – Everybody everybody
21. Michael Jackson – Wanna be startin something
22. Michael Jackson – Rock with you
23. New Order – Bizarre love triangle
24. Prince – When doves cry
25. Wham – Everything she wants
26. Yaz – Don’t go
27. Technotronic – Pump up the jam
28. Salt-N-Pepa – Push it
29. KC & The Sunshine Band – Give it up
30. Eddie Money – Take me home tonight
31. Cyndi Lauper – Time after time
32. Tag Team – Whoomp there it is
33. Rick Springfield – Jessie’s girl
34. Freestyle – Don’t stop the rock
35. Debbie Deb – When I hear music
36. 69 Boyz – Tootsie Roll
35. Lil Suzy – Take me in your arms
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!