DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ on our Friday Night Jams mixe show.
Listen on the radio Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7PM to 7AM at 102.3 FM, online anytime here, in our app or in the iHeartRadio app (search WCKG) or ask ALEXA to “PLAY WCKG ON iHEARTRADIO”.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes from our Friday Night Jams, Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party, Hot Lunch Mix and more on demand in our DJ MIXES section and in our app.
Each mix page features information about the DJ, links to their social networks, video and tracklists (when provided)
1. Montell Jordan – This is how we do it
2. Dr. Dre – Next episode
3. Snoop Dogg – What’s my name
4. Kool and the Gang – Let’s go dancing
5. Toto – Africa
6. Kool and the Gang – Hollywood Swinging
7. Mase – Feels so good
8. Ini Kamoze – Here comes the hotstepper
9. Will Smith – Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It
10. Junior – Mama used to say
11. Mary Jane Girls – All night long
12. Phil Collins – In the air tonight
13. Sugarhill Gang – Rappers Delight
14. The Spinners – I’ll be around
15. Prince – Controversy
16. Lisa Lisa – I wonder if I take you home
17. Stevie B. – Spring Love
18. Cynthia and Johnny O. – Dream Boy Dream Girl
19. Shannon – Let the music play
20. Newcleus – Jam on it
21. Cynthia – Change on me
22. Information Society – What’s on your mind
23. Pajama Party – Yo no se
24. Expose – Come go with me
25. Stevie B. – I wanna be the one
26. Trinere – I’ll be all you ever need
27. Freestyle – Don’t stop the rock
28. Debbie Deb – When I hear music
29. 69 Boyz – Tootsie Roll
30. Trinere – They’re playing our song
31. Lil Suzy – Take me in your arms
32. Colonel Abrams – Trapped
33. Freeez – I.O.U.
34. Human League – Don’t you want me baby
35. C&C Music Factory – Gonna make you sweat
36. Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock – Joy and Pain
37. DJ Kool – Let me clear my throat
38. Madonna – Holiday
39. Marvin Gaye – Got to give it up
40. Michael Jackson – Beat it
41. Jackson 5 – The love you save
42. Ris – Love n Music
43. Xavier Gold – You used to hold me
44. Kano – I’m ready
45. Miguel Brown – So many men
46. Art of Noise – Moments in love
47. Quad City DJ’s – C’mon N’ ride it (The train)
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!