DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ on 102.3 FM The Beat Chicago. Tonight, we feature him on our Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party.
Every Saturday night at 7PM we keep the tradition alive started by our sister network WBMX back in 1981. Classic house, freestyle, disco, 80’s, 90’s and more in the mix, old school style.
Listen on the radio at 102.3 FM, in our free app (available in Google Play or the Apple app store) and right here on our website.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them.
Today, we go one better, we archive all the mixes so you can listen to any of the mixes from any of our mix shows on demand. We include the tracklist, links to the DJ, their social network links and more.
You can find all of these great old school mixes on demand in our app and in our DJ MIXES section.
1. Doctor’s Cat – Feel the drive
2. Jellybean – The Mexican
3. Capricorn – I need love
4. Prince – 1999
5. Rick James – Give it to me baby
6. Young M.C. – Bust a move
7. Michael Jackson – Don’t stop ’til you get enough
8. Dharma – Plastic Doll
9. Lil Louis – Video Clash
10. Temper – No favors
11. Taste of Honey – Boogie oogie oogie
12. Kraftwerk – Numbers
13. Phuture – We are phuture
14. Michael Jackson – Off the wall (remix)
15. Heavy D. – We got our own thang
16. Divine – Native Love
17. Anita Ward – Ring my bell
18. EUN DMC Ft. Jason Nevins- It’s like that
19. Fast Eddie – Yo Yo Get Funky (Dennis Ruyer remix)
20. Steve Silk Hurley Ft. M. Doc – It’s Percussion
21. Steve Silk Hurley – Jack your body
22. Hard Corey & Wray ft. Cajmere – Love Train
23. Lime – Babe we’re gonna love tonight
24. Phats & Small – Turn around
25. Fast Eddie- Acid Thunder (Submerge and Ricardo Garduno remix)
26. Lime – Angel Eyes
27. Evelyn Thomas – High Energy
28. Xpansions – Move your body
29. S’Express – Theme from S’Express
30. Paul Johnson – Get get down
31. Madonna – Vogue (walk for me remix)
32. Fast Eddie – Throw ya hands up (Martin Ikin, Noizu remix)
33. Force MD’s – Tender Love
34. DJ Funk – Work it
35. Cajmere – Percolator
36. DJ Gant Man – Juke Dat Girl
37. Judy Torres – No reason to cry
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!