DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ on 102.3 FM The Beat Chicago. Tonight, we feature him on our Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party.
Every Saturday night at 7PM we keep the tradition alive started by our sister network WBMX back in 1981. Classic house, freestyle, disco, 80’s, 90’s and more in the mix, old school style.
Listen on the radio at 102.3 FM, in our free app (available in Google Play or the Apple app store) and right here on our website.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them.
Today, we go one better, we archive all the mixes so you can listen to any of the mixes from any of our mix shows on demand. We include the tracklist, links to the DJ, their social network links and more.
You can find all of these great old school mixes on demand in our app and in our DJ MIXES section.
1. Shalamar – This is for the lover in you
2. New Edition – Candy Girl
3. The Delfonics – La La Means I love you
4. Maze Ft. Frankie Beverly – Before I let go
5. Slave – Watching you
6. Indeep – Last night a DJ saved my life
7. Slave – Just a touch of love
8. The O’Jays – Used to be my girl
9. Unlimited Touch – Searching to find the one
10. Steve Arrington – Feel so real
11. Kool & The Gang – Ladies Night
12. Change – A Lover’s Holiday
13. Tavares – Heaven must be missing an angel
14. The Whispers – It’s a love thing
15. Skyy – Let’s celebrate
16. Roy Ayers – Running away
17. Diana Ross – Swept away
18. Bohannon – Let’s start the dance
19. Alicia Myers – I want to thank you
20. The Three Degrees – When will I see you again
21. Skyy – Call me
22. Gary’s Gang – Keep on dancing
23. Kano – I’m ready
24. Freestyle – Don’t stop the rock
25. Hashim – Al-Naafiysh (It’s time)
26. Planet Patrol – Play at your own risk
27. Kraftwerk – Numbers
28. Debbie Deb – Lookout weekend
29. The Isley Brothers – That lady
30. Earth, Wind & Fire – Boogie Wonderland
31. Tiffany – I think we’re alone now
32. Salt-N-Pepa – Push it
33. DJ Funk – Work it
34. Madonna – Music
35. The Spinners – Working my way back to you
36. Patrice Rushen – Haven’t you heard
37. Stevie Wonder – All I do
38. Inoj – Love you down
39. Force MD’s – Tender Love
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!