DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ on 102.3 FM The Beat Chicago. Tonight, we feature him on our Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party.
Every Saturday night at 7PM we keep the tradition alive started by our sister network WBMX back in 1981. Classic house, freestyle, disco, 80’s, 90’s and more in the mix, old school style.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them.
Today, we go one better, we archive all the mixes so you can listen to any of the mixes from any of our mix shows on demand. We include the tracklist, links to the DJ, their social network links and more.
You can find all of these great old school mixes on demand in our app and in our DJ MIXES section.
[su_tab title=”SHOW / TRACKLIST”]
1. George Clinton – Atomic dog
2. MARRS – Pump up the volume
3. Herbie Hancock – Rock it
4. Sugarhill Gang – Apache
5. Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff – Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire
6. Boyz II Men – Motownphilly
7. Eminem – Without me
8. Kool & The Gang – Fresh
9. Kool & The Gang – Cherish
10. Sheila E. – Love Bizarre
11. Flirts – Calling all boys
12. D-Train – Keep On
13. Blackbox – Everybody Everybody
14. Freez – Pop goes my love
15. John Rocca – I want it to be real
16. Freestyle – Don’t stop the rock
17. George Kranz – Din daa daa
18. Kano – I’m ready
19. Kraftwerk – Numbers
20. Chip E. – If you only knew
21. Debbie Deb – Lookout weekend
22. Madonna – Holiday
23. Justin Timberlake – My love
24. Janet Jackson – When I think of you
25. Newcleus – Jam on it
26. Steve Hurley – Jack your body
27. Jungle Brothers – I’ll house you
28. G.L.O.B.E. & Whiz Kid – Play that beat
29. Daft Punk – One more time
30. Journey – Don’t stop believing
31. Chip E. – Like This
32. Doctor’s Cat – Feel the drive
33. Ris – Love N Music
34. Master Boyz – House nation
35. Shannon – Give me tonight
36. Razzamatazz – Baila
37. Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams
38. Black Eyed Peas – My humps
39. Double Dee – Found Love
40. Kool Rock Steady – Let’s get hyped
41. Aly-Us – Follow Me
42. Fast Eddie – Hip House
43. Fast Eddie – Yo Yo Get Funky
44. Judy Torres – No reason to cry
45. D’Zyre Ft. Troy Guy – Forever Amor
46. CeCe Peniston – Finally
47. Jomanda – Gotta Love for you
48. Robin S. – Show me love
49. BBD – Poison
50. The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
51. Rock Master Scott & The Dynamic Three – The roof is on fire
52. The Clash – Rock the casbah
53. Stevie Wonder – Uptight
54. Yaz – Don’t Go
55. Bob Sinclair – World, Hold On[/su_tab]
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”ARTIST INFO”]
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun![/su_tab][/su_tabs]