DJ WILD BILL
Digital Saviors Chicago presents the Saturday Night Live Aint’ No Jive Chicago Dance Party every Saturday night starting at 7 PM CT
We keep the tradition alive started on 94.7 FM, Disco DAI here in Chicago, kept alive and made famous at 102.7 FM WBMX back in 1981 and taken to new heights on B96 in Chicago throughout the 90s. We’re doin’ old school mixes like we did back in the day!
Listen anytime here.
Back in the day, people recorded the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes, just like this one, on-demand in our DJ MIXES section.
1. The rain – Oran Juice Jones
2. All night long – Mary Jane Girls
3. Head to toe – Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
4. Love Bizarre – Sheila E
5. Mama used to say – Junior
6. I wonder if I take you home – Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
7. Cool it now – New Edition
8. Ladies Night – Kool & The Gang
9. Make that move – Shalamar
10. Fresh – Kool & The Gang
11. Rock your world – Weeks & Company
12. It’s a love thing – The Whispers
13. Cold blooded – Rick James
14. Take your time – S.O.S. Band
15. Candy man – Mary Jane Girls
16. Give it to me baby – Rick James
17. Off the wall – Michael Jackson
18. All night long – Lionel Richie
19. I feel love (remix) – Donna Summer
20. Situation (remix) – Yaz
21. Love train – The O’Jays
22. That lady – The Isley Brothers
23. PYT – Michael Jackson
24. I feel for you – Chaka Khan
25. I want to thank you – Alicia Myers
26. Stomp – The Brothers Johnson
27. Don’t Go – Yaz
28. I’m ready – Kano
29. Lookout weekend – Debbie Deb
30. Glamorous life – Sheila E
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!