DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ on 102.3 FM The Beat Chicago. Tonight, we feature him on our Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party.
Every Saturday night at 7PM we keep the tradition alive started by our sister network WBMX back in 1981. Classic house, freestyle, disco, 80’s, 90’s and more in the mix, old school style.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them.
Today, we go one better, we archive all the mixes so you can listen to any of the mixes from any of our mix shows on demand. We include the tracklist, links to the DJ, their social network links and more.
You can find all of these great old school mixes on demand in our app and in our DJ MIXES section.
1. Backstreet Boys – Everybody
2. Ne-Yo – Because of you
3. Rob Base – Joy and Pain
4. Madonna – Holiday
5. Michael Jackson – Human nature
6. Kelis – Milkshake
7. Blackbox – Everybody Everybody
8. C+C Music Factory – Gonna make you sweat
9. Prince – Kiss
10. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax
11. Harold Faltermeyer – Axel F
12. Madonna – Vogue
13. Stevie Nicks – Stand back
14. New Order – Bizarre love triangle
15. Raze – Break 4 Love
16. Alicia Keys – No one
17. Nocera – Summertime Summertime
18. Stevie B – I wanna be the one
19. Nightcrawlers – Push the feeling on
20. Akon – Smack that
21. Mix Masters – Grand Piano
22. Out of The Ordinary – Play it again
23. Michael Jackson – The way you make me feel
24. Janet Jackson – Pleasure Principle
25. Pretty Poison – Catch me I’m falling
26. The Whispers – Rock Steady
27. Madonna – Where’s the party
28. Georgio – Tina Cherry
29. Noel – Silent Morning
30. Whitney Houston – So emotional
31. Whitney Houston – I wanna dance with somebody
32. OneRepublic – Apologize
33. Daft Punk – One more time
34. Journey – Don’t stop believing
35. Evelyn Thomas – High Energy
36. Salt-N-Pepa – Push It
37. Usher – Yeah
38. Debbie Deb – Lookout Weekend
39. Bizarre Inc. – I’m gonna get you
40. Kano – I’m ready
41. Tag Team – Whomp there it is
42. Nina Sky – Move your body
43. Debbie Deb – When I hear music
44. Zhane – Hey Mr. DJ
45. Fergie – Glamorous
46. Sheila E. – Glamorous life
47. The Good Men – Give it up
48. Snap – Rhythm is a dancer
49. Safri Duo – Played A Live (the bango song)
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!