DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ here on The Beat Chicago’s mix shows.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes from our Friday Night Jams, Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party, Hot Lunch Mix and more on demand in our DJ MIXES section and in our app.
Each mix page features information about the DJ, links to their social networks, video and tracklists (when provided)
1. Leo Sayer – You make me feel like dancing
2. The Spinners – Could it be I’m falling in love
3. Bee Gees – How deep is your love
4. William DeVaughn – Be thankful for what you’ve got
5. Roy Ayers – Running away
6. Kool & The Gang – Ladies night
7. 4 Seasons – December ’63
8. Bee Gees – Night fever
9. Van McCoy – The Hustle
10. The Spinners – I’ll be around
11. Frankie Valli – Grease
12. Barry White – Can’t get enough of your love baby
13. Michael Jackson – Rock with you
14. KC & The Sunshine Band – Boogie shoes
15. Rose Royce – Car wash
16. MFSB – K. Jee
17. Rick James – Give it to me baby
18. Gibson Brothers – Cuba
19. GQ – Disco Nights
20. Oliver Cheatham – Get down Saturday night
21. Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes – The love I lost
22. Tavares – Heaven must be missin’ an angel
23. Taste of Honey – Boogie Oogie Oogie
24. Donna Summer – Bad Girls
25. The Brothers Johnson – Stomp
26. Gary’s Gang – Keep on dancin’
27. Anita Ward – Ring my bell
28. Miquel Brown – So many men, So little time
29. Donna Summer – I feel love
30. Donna Summer – Last Dance
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun!