DJ WILD BILL
DJ Wild Bill is a guest DJ here on The Beat Chicago’s mix shows.
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes from our Friday Night Jams, Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party, Hot Lunch Mix and more on demand in our DJ MIXES section and in our app.
Each mix page features information about the DJ, links to their social networks, video and tracklists (when provided)
[su_tab title=”SHOW / TRACKLIST”]
1. Janet Jackson – Nasty boy
2. Tom Tom Club – Genius of love
3. Nu Shooz – I can’t wait
4. Shalamar – A night to remember
5. Slave – Just a touch of love
6. Odyssey – Inside out
7. Slave – Watching you
8. Bobby Brown – My perogative
9. Luther Vandross – Never too much
10. Indeep – Last night a dj saved my life
11. Shalamar – The second time around
12. BBD – Poison
13. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam – Head to toe
14. The Whispers – And the beat goes on
15. DJ Kool – Let me clear my throat
16. De La Soul – Me, myself and I
17. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam – I wonder if I take you home
18. Michael Jackson – Rock with you
19. KC & The Sunshine Band – Boogie shoes
20. The Whispers – Rock steady
21. Change – Holiday
22. New Edition – Cool it now
23. Shalamar – Make that move
24. Sheila E. – Love bizarre
25. Prince – 1999
26. Debarge – Rhythm of the night
27. Michael Jackson – PYT
28. Chaka Khan – I feel for you
29. Snap – Rhythm is a dancer
30. Daft Punk – Around the world
31. Queen – Another one bites the dust
32. Kool & The Gang – Tonight
33. Technotronic – Move this[/su_tab]
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”ARTIST INFO”]
I started off with a tape deck and a turntable. Guys like Kenny Jammin’ Jason, Mickey Mixin’ Oliver, Mario Smokin’ Diaz, Ralphie The Razz Rosario, Mike Hitman Wilson and Farley Jackmaster Funk were my inspiration!
I did some house parties, made a bunch of mixtapes and graduated into doing the Hotel parties where I got my name on the flyers! That was big time for me back then!
My first club appearance was in a teen club called ToTo’s in Schaumburg and since then have done tons of night clubs, cruises on the lake and mobile parties. It’s just in my heart, in my blood. I love getting creative and making mixes for the masses!
I landed my first 21+ club in Franklin Park, a club called Impressions which was originally called S.O.P.’s (there was a new one that was in Palatine in the mid 80’s) Impressions became Highlights
I’ve worked at many great clubs throughout the years including P.S. Chicago, Mother’s, Mardi Gras, Shoeless Joe’s, UN Club (formerly known as S.O.P.’s, Impressions and Highlights) and Cabana Club.
I’ve done other guest spots at places like Boogie Nights, Club 38, Serenity Lounge and Remix Lounge @ Aloft Hotel thanks to my good friend Marc. Who just so happened to get me into the mobile d.j. business. It was a learning phase of the business that was much different than doing the clubs. After some time, I decided I can do this on my own and began my venture as my own boss!
I am privileged to say that my mixes have been heard on B96, WGCI, WBMX.COM and on “LIVE” remotes with 103.5 “The Beat” back in 2000! I am honored to also have done charity work for “Walk for Cancer” and the University of DePaul “Gear-Up” Program!
So here I am, over 20 years later, still rockin’! I’d like to thank everyone who has played a part in my life throughout the years, be it personal or professional, be it big or small! It’s the journey that makes the trip fun![/su_tab][/su_tabs]