Defected Records Radio
Every Friday night, The Beat kicks off your weekend with our Friday Night Jams Party.
Early on, from 7PM – 10PM it’s all throwbacks and old school mixes keeping the Chicago style of DJ’ing alive and well for future generations.
At 10PM, we turn it over to the newer house music styles brought to you by some of the biggest international names including this show, it’s the NEW SCHOOL EDITION of our Friday Night Jams.
Sam Divine host the show each week, once in a while she may be swamped so the big boss, Simon Dunsmore will step in to deliver an epic show for you to listen to live or on demand. You get the the newest, freshest and hottest house music from around the world.
If you miss the show, we have all shows archived on demand for you to listen to anytime, anywhere on any device – including our own APP
You can also listen using the iHeartRadio app, search WCKG in Chicago to listen live Friday nights from 7PM – 7AM so you never miss a beat!
ABOUT DEFECTED RECORDS RADIO
ABOUT THE SHOW
The UK took to Chicago House music like an SC35C takes to vinyl. In the early days of ‘house’, the UK was one of the first places in the world other than Chicago to embrace it.
Simon Dunmore’s Defected is the great success story of UK dance music. For 20 years, it’s been dedicated to the finest in house, from its label and numerous associated imprints, to its events and festivals. Still, it hasn’t all been plain sailing — Defected has traversed choppy waters to become the super brand it is today.
DJ Mag talks to Dunmore about his house history, adaptability and his approach to business… “I’m a collector of music and labels. My ambition was for people to have a Defected rack in their collections in the same way they’d have a Salsoul rack, a Prelude rack, a Strictly rack, a Philly International rack,” says Simon Dunmore.
After a decade working in club promotions and A&R for the majors, he founded Defected Records on 1 January, 1999. The plan was to establish the UK’s answer to Mark Finkelstein and Gladys Pizarro’s legendary New York imprint Strictly Rhythm. You could say that he has achieved that. Thanks to Dunmore’s keen A&R savvy, which has over the years secured releases and forged enduring friendships with Masters At Work, Bob Sinclar, Dennis Ferrer, Roger Sanchez, Kevin Saunderson and Todd Terry.
Defected has made an indelible imprint on British dance music. ‘To Be In Love’; ‘At Night’; ‘Finally’; ‘Another Chance’: all tracks knowable by name alone. To call it the most influential UK house label of all-time would be entirely acceptable.
1. Ferreck Dawn & Robosonic featuring Nikki Ambers – In My Arms (Meduza Remix) [Defected Records]
2. Brokenears – No Man [Too Many Rules]
3. Loods – The Feeling [Classic]
4. Agoria featuring NOEMIE – Remedy (Manoo Remix) [Sapiens Recordings]
5. Archie Hamilton – Make The Difference feat. Mr.V (Original Mix) [Moscow Records]
6. David Jackson – Blessed (Extended Mix) [DFTD]
7. MOST RATED: Colette – We Feel So Hot (Gettoblaster Remix) [Candy Talk Records]
8. Chus & Ceballos – Kokoro [Oto Music] x Mike Dunn presents The MD X-Spress – Git Cho House On (Children) (Accapella) [Defected]
9. Cassy – Beat Your Feet [Kwench Records]
10. Lorenzo De Blanck – I Want Stand (Original Mix) [D-FLOOR MUSIC]
11. 4 TO THE FLOOR: Reboot – Enjoy Music (Riva Starr Rmx) [Defected]
12. Mattei & Omich featuring Nathan Nicholson – Doors (Extended Mix) [Defected]
13. Sticks & Stonez & Liv East – You’re My [Glitterbox Recordings]