FRANKIE HOLLYWOOD RODRIGUEZ
Frankie Hollywood Rodriguez is a resident DJ on 1530 AM | 102.3 FM The Beat. Frankie’s ‘My House’ mix show kicks off our Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party at 7PM CT every Saturday Night
Back in the day, people used to record the mixes on the radio so they wouldn’t miss them. Today, we do all the work for you! Now, you can listen to any of the mixes from our Friday Night Jams, Saturday Night Live Ain’t No Jive Chicago Dance Party, Hot Lunch Mix and more on demand in our DJ MIXES section and in our app.
Each mix page features information about the DJ, links to their social networks, video and tracklists (when provided)
1. Music Is The Answer – Colonel Abrams
2. Ecstatsy – Denice Abrams
3. It’s Like That – Wee Papa Girls
4. House That – DJ PP
5. Sax Power – Gary Caos
6. Mawby – Miami Dub Machine
7. Haven’t You Heard – Patrice Rushen
8. Fly Tonight – Jesse Rose
9. Could You Be Loved – Bob Marley
10. World Hold On – Bob Sinclair
11. Lady – Modjo
12. Forever Man – Eric Clapton
13. Alright – Illyus & Barrientos
14. Street Player – Chicago
15. Move Your Ass – Housemade
16. Your’e The One For Me – Funky Truckers
17. TSOP – MFSB
18. I Can’t Go For That – Hall & Oates
19. Fly Away – Eyes Cream Vs Sylvester
20. Touch Me – The 49’rs
21. The Music Sounds Better – Stardust
22. Let’s Work – Jumpin Pete
23. Work It – DJ Sneek
24. In The Mix – Mixmasters
25. White Horse – Laid Back
26. Hustlin Gypsey – Dave Aude Vs Crystal Waters
27. Check This Out – J Nunez Vs Marshal Jefferson
28. Out Of Control – The FHR Project
29. Era Move – FHR
30. Who Is He – Alaia & Gallo
31. Phunk Phenomenon – Armand Van Heldon
32. Insomnia – Faithless
33. I’ll Be You Friend – Robert Owens
When you think of Chicago radio and all the on-air talents, few, if any started out as a successful club DJ, even less have ever had a hit record. Frankie Hollywood Rodriguez is one of the few who has.
Frankie started out mixing on WBMX. Once WBMX was sold in Oct. 1988, Frankie would move over to B96 as a mix show dj and set that station up for its most successful ratings ever.
Frankie’s personality got him in the door of the studio where he’d do the 6-10 shift then, when Eddie & JoBo were sent on hiatus for a few years, Frankie was thrown into doing mornings. From there, Frankie’s talents took him damn near close to the top of the ratings, he also hit the studio to produce two hit records and began to get involved with video production. Today, Frankie’s work is seen on TV around the world today.
One of the first to dive into video mixing, Frankie’s video mixes take the club and the DJ to a whole new level. You can check some of those video mixes out and more when you click the VIDEO tab next to this one.